Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Vegas!!

Its been several months since my last post and there is actually a little bit that I could update you with. Josh and I celebrated our 4th anniversary! We stayed at a nice hotel called The Westin Lake Las Vegas. it was pretty awesome to say the least. I love planning getaways. We were able to go kayaking on the lake that the hotel sat by, it was so beautiful and such a relaxing place to go!

Josh's job is great, he is learning a lot. He kept homework in a box from some of his classes along with some textbooks, I never knew why he was keeping them. Well, yesterday he took his old homework to work because he couldn't remember how to figure out a problem in some building plans he had. Funny thing is, he had a homework problem almost exactly like the one he couldn't figure out! Sometimes I drive him to work so I can have the car, but its also a good excuse to see him at work. Here he is in his cute little cubicle.


I was lucky enough to find a job the second month we were here. I work with Stephen Salazar, a wedding photographer, as a second photographer, assistant and image processor. It has been a lot of fun but challenging. The challenging part about my job is having to use Canon cameras. I started working with Stephen Nikon since I started my photographic career so the change was a little weird, but I do have to say that I really like Canon. 

Living in Las Vegas has been great, the culture and environment is very different from Utah. The gospel here though, is very strong and the members are amazing! Our ward is so welcoming and always ready to help anyone who is in need. Its weird being so far from the temple though, we are about 30 minutes away. In reality it's not that far, but when you live in logan and can see the temple from your front door and can walk the three blocks to it, it seems like a million miles! The Las Vegas temple is amazing though, it is so beautiful inside and out. They have a little courtyard in the middle of the temple that you can go in and sit. There are water features and trees, I have a hard time describing it, you will just have to go to this temple and sit in this courtyard. The celestial room is phenomenal as well, there are no words to describe it other than heaven on earth! Josh and I need to make more of an effort to go more often, but when we do go (maybe once a month) the peace we feel there is there in abundance. Its nice going outside because it is constantly warm! After being in church or the temple, or pretty much any building you want to go outside to defrost because they always have the AC blasting. Its also fun to have a pool, when summer started I would go and sit out by the pool and when it got too hot I would jump in the pool. I don't know how I lived without one, and for the first time I bought swimming goggles! Im sad that its cooled down so now its like swimming in the north poll, no one heats the pools here, lame!

Josh and I have been able to make a few friends here though! Wendy and Joseph moved in about a week after us and we have been fortunate enough to become friends with them. They have the cutest little kids ever, they have a little boy named Porter and a baby girl named Hazel. Im so excited that we are going to the new movie that the LDS church as put out called Meet the Mormons, with Wendy and Joseph! I have also been able to make friends with another girl in our ward, her name is Annalisa, she had an adorable baby boy named Jaxon. When I want to go swimming and have some company I just text Annalisa, its lots of fun! Annalisa and I are also visiting teaching companions, its nice cause we live only a few buildings apart so it makes is easy to contact each other!

Well thats all I have to write for now, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment