Friday, June 17, 2011

Water and photo gear

This week has been a crazy but awesome week. Its crazy cause I have been working like there is no tomorrow, but amazing because I got my very own wet dark room supply's!!! Long story short, I hope, my photo 2 teacher Craig Law is buying the house next to where I live. I saw him at the house one day and started talking to him, I asked him if he could help me start my own dark room so that I could develop my film and he agreed to. On Monday or Tuesday he came over and said that he had a bunch of dark room supply's that he wanted to give me, I just thought that he was talking about dark room supply's for me to develop my film. It turns out that he had a former student's mother, I guess who was also a former student, pass away and her family gave Craig all of her dark room supply. He told me that I could come over to his place any time and get it, so josh and I borrowed a car from a friend and picked up the supply's. I was amazed to find that I would be getting my very own enlarger, tray's to print pictures in, and a bunch of other stuff to help me print my own work!! All I need to do now is find filters for the enlarger and block the two windows in the extra room and I am set. Also, the UWRL (Utah Water Research Laboratory) is doing a project where they are gathering 1000 pictures of water and making it an educational screen saver that will be used for schools, universities, and government agencies. Yesterday I emailed the man that is heading the project and asked if he would allow me to help with this project and he said yes!! I get to take pictures, get all the info about the area I took them at and if they meet the requirements then I get payed for the pictures they use!! My name will be on the picture so I get all the credit. And if people are interested in my work then they can view my information on a page that is made for me and they can contact me!! I am so excited that I get to do this! All in all, this week has been great! I hope to give you all updates soon, but until then have a great weekend.

1 comment: