Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Good News














I am sure that everyone has heard the news that I am engaged, so I am sure that some of you are dying to hear how he did it. Well on May 16 (this was a sunday), Josh and I came back from church and were just sitting around my apartment wondering what to do when Josh had the great idea that we should go and take a walk around the Logan temple. He said he was going to go back to his place and change and he would let me change and pick me up. After I had changed I went outside to wait for josh and when he pulled up to my apartment I opened the door to his truck and noticed he was in his sunday clothes... I was in jeans and a T-shirt. Kind of embarrassed I ran back in and changed into a dress and ran back out to the truck. After driving to the temple we walked around the front for a few minutes while I took pictures of almost everything, we eventually made it around to the side of the temple and walked to the back of the temple where we walked on the grass hill. Of course Josh and I were holding hands, but as we were walking I noticed that he was kinda walking a little slower the more we walked, I thought this was weird but didn't think too much of it cause after all we were just walking around the temple grounds, we weren't speed walking in a marathon. When we were lined up with the center of the temple josh stopped, pulled my hand to turn me to face him and got down on one knee, he pulled the ring out of his shirt pocket (the ring wasn't in the box (; ) and asked me if I would like to marry him. A little stunned but sooooo excited, I said yes! He probably thought I didn't get what was happening but I knew! Hahaha I am not going to lie, at first I thought he was pulling a joke on me, don't know why but I thought he was joking around. It was so crazy, almost surreal. I didn't expect him to propose to me, but all the same I am sooo happy that he did. I couldn't stop smiling, and seeing a ring on my ring finger was very odd for me, especially one as beautiful as the one he picked out for me :) So now almost a month later I have picked out my cake, dress, colors, what the bridesmaids and groomsmen are going to wear, what the dads/ groom are wearing along with the moms, what we are going to have at our reception, what temple we are to get married in, when we will get married, and Josh and I have found a place to live. It seems like me and my mom have gotten a lot of things done but at the same time it feels like we have gotten nothing done! I hate that feeling! On Saturday the fiance and I are going to go to Salt Lake City to see if my tracer band for my ring is going to be finished, hopefully it is, i really wanna see the ring complete. I am also hoping that we can get his band inscribed, we will probably do something in Bulgarian, that will be fun :) well I think that is it, until next time,
<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment